EXCLAMATION POINT

Friday, January 07, 2011

HOME

Here I am. In the time and place I dreamt of ever since I was a child. I am now working in a treasury unit earning an above average income in a government corporation. I also teach part-time in a state university which gives me extra income. I have investments in stocks and I know how to trade it. I have everything I need at home. I have accomplished almost everything on my wish list.

And here I am: wanting the simplest thing in life – to be a full-time mother to my charming daughter.

How ironic. Studying for almost two decades and continuously getting professional education for more than 5 years and I end up wishing that I dedicate my life in taking care of my child and of course, loving my husband. Despite all these education that I had, I doubt I can even pass as a good cook, an efficient house cleaner and a spotless clothes washer. Had I known that this would be my dream someday, I could have learned the proper skills from somebody who’s good at it.

It reminds me of a cartoon I saw way back about a country mouse who wanted to go to the city and upon seeing all the hustles and bustles of city life, wished to go back to his country home.

I’ve heard and read about home-schooling and it somehow sparked my interest. I know that it would be a tough one but I know that with the magic of passion, things will work out well.

The best-selling self-help book “The Secret” taught me that “when you visualize, you materialize.” I know it is only a matter of time and resources that will permit me to realize my dream. It is a simple one but only time will tell if it will happen or not. One thing I’m sure though, I love my family more than anything in the world.

Donnabee :: 1:00 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------