EXCLAMATION POINT

Thursday, August 13, 2009

COMPLACENT

I’ve always been passionate but I think with the years gone by, I think it has dissipated without my awareness.

Whenever I face a job interview, employers often find it quite fascinating that my ambition is to become the BSP governor. Ever since I graduated, it has stuck out at the bottom of my resume and I tell you, it never fails to intrigue them. But now that I’ve reached the age of 26, I think my dream has become far too distant to reach.

Yes, I’m guilty. Contentment has been my excuse to being complacent. I often say that I’ve reached my dream of working as an investment officer and of supporting my parents as well as having a wonderful family but I think I have downgraded myself to a very content person. I used to dream big but now I’ve satisfied myself in pure and simple joys. Most of the time, I ask myself, did I get tired of achieving and have gone to the end of my strife for excellence? Is God now regretting that he gave me vast amount of talents that I do not use anymore? I hope not.

I remember watching the movie about Chris Gardner who is a self-made stockbroker in the US. The movie is entitled “The Pursuit of Happyness.” This guy really went through the eye of the needle to get to where he is now. It’s like 99% of the movie is dedicated to his struggles to become a full-time stockbroker and only 1% of it showed his victory. Without his struggles, I don’t think he would have achieved anything at all.

It’s human nature, I guess. People have to undergo some kind of hardship in tandem with a couple of trials to be challenged in order to strive for the better. Which explains Luke 14:11: “for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, and he who humbles himself will be exalted.”

With all the trials I’ve had when I was still paving my way through college wherein I fought poverty and the lack of self-esteem, I guess I am already at the victorious stage at this point in my life. But does it end there? Do I have to raise the bar to keep me running and reaching for the stars? Or do I sit here and be content with what I have now. Shall I wait for another set of trials in order for me to move? What sort of motivation should I take when I believe I have already reached my simple dreams? Is it too worldly to ask for more?

The answers to these questions, I have yet to discover.

Donnabee :: 3:32 PM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------